What the Hell I Do!

What the hell do I do?


  • I talk to people and directly elicit information. These questions are open ended and interviews can be hours long. This all has to be transcribed and analyzed.















  • I go to performances and take fieldnotes, not just about the performance, but about the cultural scene in which the performance is enacted. This all must be transcribed. and analyzed.
































  • I note every aspect of a culture and what these objects and beliefs and behaviors are, and try to discern the MEANING and RULES behind them 


















  • I scour historical sources and interview people about culture history to try to contextualize a culture and look at their historical importance and evolution. (this has to be transcribed, interviews, sources, etc. and analyzed!)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Sontag: Illness as Metaphor, AIDS as Metaphor

Reconciling Street Vendors and Pedestrians (READ)

Naomi Klein on Corona Virua